Phone: 604-852-6912 Toll Free: 866-855-0800 Email: email@example.com
Straiton Communuty Hall
4698 Upper Sumas Mtn Road
Work on Straiton Community Hall started in 1949 with cutting of material for
beams for the Quonset style building at the mill operated by J.C. "Cliff"
MacKenzie and Charles Mathers. Community volunteers laminated and bent the
beams to shape on site. Louis Edward Dionne left a lasting legacy for the
community through donation of the land that the Community Club now owns. He
passed away the same year that Straiton Recreation Commission completed the
building in time for the British Columbia Centennial of 1958. Lumber to
complete the building project was cut at Don Mathers' mill in Straiton and
work was done by volunteers.
Today the Hall continues to to be an important community landmark being used for community gatherings, recreation events and seasonal celebrations. It is also available for bookings and makes a great venue for weddings and special occassions.
Capacity: 200 Call: 604-302-8689
For More Information
Home More Listings